On Monday 2 August, the IT team at the Brussels HQ will update all printers and migrate them to a new server between 10am and 4pm. As a consequence, there will be some print interruptions that day. Please read the information below to know which printers will be out of use at what time and how to re-install the printers under their new name (\\secureprintserver.besixgroup.local\secure_print).
Please note that this message ONLY applies to the printers including “secure_print” in their name. All other printers will not be migrated on Monday.
When does this update and migration take place?
It will take place on Monday 2 August 2021 from 10am until 4pm. From Tuesday onwards, all printers will have been updated and migrated. You’ll be then able to use them under their new names. Instructions for the re-installation can be found below.
Will I be able to print throughout the day on Monday?
Yes, there will be printers in use at all times on each floor. To make clear which printers are available at what time, we will work with the following colour system between 10am and 4pm:
- BLUE: printer is available at all times between 10am and 4pm on Monday 2 August. You can print just like you’re used to. After 4pm, they will be updated as well and other, already updated, printers will have to be used.
- RED: we are currently updating this device. You may not use this printer.
- GREEN: this printer has been migrated. You have to remove the old printer name and install the new one if you want to use it. For more information, read below (What if the printer I want to use has been migrated?).
From Tuesday onwards, the migration of all secure_print printers will be finished and the new printers will be in use. For the installation of the new printers, please read below.
What if the printer I want to use has been migrated?
As soon as the printers have been updated and migrated, the old “\\perseus01\secure_print” will not work anymore. Therefore, the settings on your computer have to be changed as well. Fortunately, the new printer can be installed automatically after 4pm on Monday. The only thing you need to do is restart your computer and the new “\\secureprintserver.besixgroup.local\secure_print” will be installed automatically.
However, if you would like to print from an updated printer (carrying a green A4 paper) before 4pm or the automatic installation has not succeeded, you will have to delete the printer and re-install it under its new name manually. If this is the case, follow these steps:
- On your computer, go to Settings --> Devices --> Printers & Scanners
Click on the printer with “secure_print” in its name and then on “Remove Device”. The old printer has now been deleted.
- Then, on the same page, click “Add printer”. After a few seconds of searching, click on “The printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- In the “Select a shared printer by name”, enter \\secureprintserver.besixgroup.local\secure_print, as shown in the picture below.
- In the next wizard screen, you can set this printer as your default printer if required.
If you have any questions, you may ask them to the ICT Helpdesk (email@example.com).