Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- Lux TP (Luxembourg): The appointment of Etienne Schneider as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Lux TP is reported in all Luxembourg media, including RTL, Paperjam and Luxemburger Wort.
- Quatuor (Belgium): Architectura dedicates a detailed article to the project.
- Huccorgne (Belgium): This motorway worksite, which consists of renovating the viaduct, will begin on 2 August and will be the largest in the Liège region over the next few years.
- Suurhoffbrug (The Netherlands): The Suurhoff bridge will be the country's first bridge to be reinforced using a new technique: steel plates fixed with epoxy glue and bolts.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Kangaroo Point Green Bridge (Australia): the award of the contract for the design and construction of the bridge to BESIX Watpac is reported in various Australian and international media. A video presenting the project has also been published.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): The Polish President (and the Prime Minister) visited the site on Thursday and said that the project, which is on schedule, strengthens the country’s sovereignty and will be a huge development boost. The first bridge, 61 metres long, has now been open to cars for a week and the second should be completed by the end of the year. Next year, ships will have access to the channel.
- Uptown Tower (UAE): Several Middle East construction media report that the site has passed the 10 million man-hours mark without a lost-time incident.
- SWRO (UAE): The Jebel Ali desalination plant will be completed by the end of 2021 and will be one of the largest in the United Arab Emirates delivering water for 700,000 inhabitants.
- Post Rotterdam (The Netherlands): the building is one of the main contracts abroad in which an Italian construction company (RdE) is involved.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Vistula Spit (Poland): Southern bridge open for traffic
- Sluishuis (The Netherlands): architectural form takes shape & video
- Quatuor (Brussels): exterior looking better and better
- Post Rotterdam (The Netherlands): construction is starting this summer
- Nachtigal (Cameroun): installation of aspirateur
- Kangaroo Green Point Bridge (Australia): contract awarded to BESIX Watpac
- Jubilee Place (Australia): first prefabrication modules are completed awaiting final delivery and install
- A16 Rotterdam (The Netherlands): built of ‘The Nose’ as part of the Incremental Launch Method with which they are building the viaduct
- Natura, Macquarie Park (Australia): installation of fully-enclosed staircase
4. Our People on Social Media
- Face-to-face discovery day for the people starting to work at BESIX at the end of the year
- Saying goodbye to Willyne, who has worked at BESIX for 48 years
- European Works Council visits the sites of BESIX France
- Uptown Tower project reaches 10 million working hours without a lost time injury
- BESIX meeting with the Ambassador of Ghana Mrs. Sena Siaw-Boateng of Ghana
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- Check out our latest stories & posts on our official Instagram channel: @besixgroup_official
- Don’t miss all group’s entities account on digital channels, such as:
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!