Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- Quartier Léopold (Belgium): The PRU urban planning procedure for the Leopold district of Namur is provisionally approved by the Walloon Region. The public consultation opened on Wednesday.
- Theemswegtracé (The Netherlands): European ports’ strength is given by efficient rail connections. Theemswegtracé is an example of how EU states are improving this essential link.
- A16 (The Netherlands): The construction of the A16 tunnel, a complex civil structure, is the subject of a detailed article in the magazine Technisch Weekblad.
- Feyenoord (The Netherlands): Rising steel prices are a central issue for the financing of the new Feyenoord stadium.
- Gebiedsontwikkeling Oostelijke Langstraat (The Netherlands): the project is still subject to a procedure in the Council of State, which could be extended and would again postpone the start of the work.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Pierre Sironval: Pierre Sironval ranks 26th in the annual "Construction Week Power 100" ranking of the most influential people in the Middle East construction sector.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): work is progressing well, including on the project's bridges with load testing underway. Work is on schedule, says Infrastructure Minister.
- CMUA (New Zealand): eight experts have relocated from Brisbane to Christchurch to finalise the stadium’s concept design.
- Dubai Waste-to-Energy (UAE): The partnership with the consortium (including BESIX) that will develop the Dubai Waste-to-Energy project, is “landmark move” for Dubai Holding.
- Euro 2020: BESIX is one of the sponsors of the Belgian national team.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Vistula Spit (Poland): drone pics of the XblocPlus used in the construction of breakwaters
- Tower Mohammed VI (Morocco): latest pic
- A16 De Groene Boog (Rotterdam): drone pics & construction of Rottemerentunnel
- Sluishuis (Amsterdam): progress pics
- Belgian pavilion (Dubai): progress pics shared by architect
- French pavilion (Dubai): preview visit by a number of French companies
- ICÔNE (Luxembourg): BESIX RED shared pics of atrium
- BESIX Watpac: Jubilee Place and its complex challenges
- BESIX Watpac: great pic of the Australian Catholic University's Fitzroy campus in Melbourne
4. Our People on Social Media
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
Instagram: we’ve launched our Instagram channel: @besixgroup_official
LinkedIn: We gained 1 K followers last week.
- LinkedIn: 19 K impressions - 2.4 % engagement rate - 211 clicks
- Facebook: 1,8 K people reached - 231 engagements
- LinkedIn: 11 K impressions - 11 % engagement rate - 943 clicks
- Facebook: 2,2 K people reached - 137 engagements
- LinkedIn: 8 K impressions - 3.4 % engagement rate - 128 clicks
- LinkedIn: 10 K impressions - 2.2 % engagement rate - 105 clicks
- Facebook: 1,5 K people reached - 141 engagements
- Twitter: 329 impressions - 8 engagements
- LinkedIn: 31 K impressions - 5 % engagement rate - 986 clicks
- Facebook: 3,5 K people reached - 281 engagements
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!