The latest UN IPCC report and COP26 have confirmed it once more: action on climate change is urgent. As for our sector, the construction sector, we can all agree that there is an acute need for a sustainability transition to address the global climate crisis.
But how can we realise that transition? What actions should we be taking to reach our net-zero goals as a sector? We arranged for a number of academics and industry experts, from Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Australia to discuss the topic as part of a panel, Voices of Construction.
The discussion and insights are relevant to everyone in the construction industry, inside and outside BESIX. That’s why the panel was filmed and will be made available to everyone for free. Register now via www.voicesofconstruction.com to be the first to watch this engaging broadcast on 30 November 2021 at 10h00 CEST. The panel took place in Dutch and is subtitled in English.
Don’t worry if you’re not able to watch the broadcast at that moment. It will be made available afterwards both on www.voicesofconstruction.com as on eAcademy, so nobody has to miss anything! A digital ‘BESIX Smart Coffee’ session will be held in the coming weeks to exchange internally additional views and feedback on this topic, so stay tuned.
The broadcast is accessible to everyone, including those who do not work at BESIX. So don't hesitate to talk about it and share this LinkedIn message on your own channels!
Let’s change the world for the better. The time to act is now.
BESIX Group Communication
Roundtable guests are:
- Prof. Dr. Philippe Block, ETH Zurich, Institute of Technology in Architecture (Switzerland),
- Dr. Cristyn Meath, Sustainability Program Leader, Australian Institute for Business & Economics at the University of Queensland (Australia),
- Jean Luc Beguin, Head Engineer-Director Large Projects and Maintenance at Rijkswaterstraat (the Netherlands),
- Luc Hellemans, CEO at Lantis (Belgium),
- Jan Van Steirteghem, General Manager Europe at BESIX.