Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- Royal Estate of Laeken (Belgium): the Royal Palace and Greenhouses now benefit from a sustainable heating system with substations installed by BESIX and Van den Berg.
- Brucargo (Belgium): the new ultramodern logistics centre at Brussels Airport, built by BESIX, is now operational.
- Leoport (Belgium): Construction of Leoport, developed by Vanhout Projects, to start in September. 4 modern, gas-free buildings, equipped with heat pumps and photovoltaic panels.
- Paradis Express (Belgium): BESIX is building the Paradis Express building in the heart of Liege.
- Icône (Luxembourg): BESIX RED signs a 15-year lease with Société générale Luxembourg.
- POST Rotterdam (the Netherlands): BESIX builds the 155 metre high POST tower in Rotterdam.
- Feyenoord City (the Netherlands): Feyenoord has presented an investment memo on its new stadium, for the construction of which it is in an ECI with BESIX and BAM. The 440 million project still has to be approved by the municipality and the Council of State and to complete its financing.
- Pavillon France (UAE/France): BESIX has delivered the French pavilion for World Expo in Dubai, report various French and both Dutch and French speaking Belgian media.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Adelaide GPO Hotel (Australia): BESIX Watpac is transforming the 16-storey former Post office into a Marriott hotel. The work was officially launched by J-P. Bouharmont, the South Australia Premier and the client.
- E6 Moelv-Roterud (Norway): BESIX and Rizzani de Eccher, "a winning pair" that already built the Crown Princess Mary Bridge in Denmark, are now designing the world’s longest timber bridge.
- POST Rotterdam (the Netherlands): Construction work by BESIX and Rizzani de Eccher to start this summer.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): The road authority and BESIX-NDI have reached an agreement to renovate the road over 20 kilometres leading to the site.
- Waste-to-Energy (UAE): the consortium in which BESIX is a partner signs a USD 900 million financing deal. BESIX and HZI are building the facility and will manage its operations and maintenance for 35 years.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Sludge-to-Energy plant (UAE): 99% complete
- Emirates RDF (UAE): article
- A16 Ring Road (Rotterdam): update
- Grotius Towers (The Hague): update and here
- Royersluis pumping station (Antwerp): Concrete work started in construction pits
- BESIX RED: Lease agreement signed with Société Générale Luxembourg for the entire occupation of ICÔNE in Belval!
- BESIX RED: Dunant Gardens completely sold out
- Franki Foundations: a look into their workshop
- Vanhout: progress on the Gallait site Schaarbeek (Brussels)
- BESIX Watpac: delivered first high rise school in New South Wales
- BESIX Watpac: successfully completes another staged handover at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai
- BESIX Watpac: official sod-turning ceremony for Adelaide's GPO development
4. Our People on Social Media
- Vanhout launches ‘Feels like Vanhout’ video
- Mark Beyst shared a great team pic at the Annie Cordy tunnel (former Leopold II-tunnel)
- BESIX Watpac remembers Anzac Day
- BESIX Watpac highlights the achievements of submissions coordinator Taylor Ling
- Deputy Modeler Manager Frederic Pierre featured in ADEB-VBA campaign
On April 28, BESIX Group sites participated in the Global Safety Time Out. Here are some of the social media posts about the event:
- French and Belgian pavilion Dubai
- BESIX Watpac
- BESIX Infra and here
- BESIX Montenegro
- Rail Baltica (Latvia)
- Dubai Uptown Tower
- Franki Foundations
- and a webinar on Mental Health hosted at HQ
=> For more information, read next week’s intranet news in our “4 pictures to keep up with the latest news” series.
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- LinkedIn: 28 K impressions - 6 % engagement rate - 1,231 clicks
- Facebook: 5 K people reached - 327 engagements
- LinkedIn: 10 K impressions - 1.8 % engagement rate - 68 clicks
- Facebook: 1,3 K people reached - 92 engagements
- LinkedIn: 14 K impressions - 3 % engagement rate - 123 clicks
- Facebook: 5,5 K people reached - 299 engagements
- LinkedIn: 16 K impressions - 6 % engagement rate - 380 clicks
- Facebook: 3 K people reached - 161 engagements
- LinkedIn: 25 K impressions - 11 % engagement rate - 2 K clicks
- Facebook: 8,2 K people reached - 500 engagements
- LinkedIn: 6 K impressions - 4 % engagement rate - 105 clicks
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!