Future Dear colleagues,
Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- Smart Buildings (Begium): BESIX and Elia, the grid operator in Belgium, want to give smart buildings an active role in the electricity system.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- JCU Innovation (Australia): Construction of the AUS96 million Technology Innovation Complex at James Cook University is awarded to BESIX Watpac. 80% of subcontractors and suppliers will be sourced locally.
- Civic Precinct (Australia): On the Civic Precinct site in the City of Greater Geelong, BESIX Watpac favours local subcontractors (63% of the works).
- Theemswegtracé (Netherlands): at the Theemswegtracé, a 4 km railway viaduct built by BESIX in the Port of Rotterdam, delivery by ship is favoured in order to reduce the impact on the environment and on road and rail mobility.
- Esprit Courbevoie (Belgium): Befimmo acquires a 94-year long lease on the offices of the Esprit Courbevoie project, developed by BESIX RED in the innovative university zone of the UCLouvain.
- Werflink (Belgium): a Russian media presents the Werflink platform, developed by BESIX and Circular Flanders, as an example for the management of waste and surplus construction materials.
- Rail Baltica (Latvia): Rail Baltica Central Hub, built by BESIX, is a major project for the Baltic countries and European integration.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): NDI/BESIX signs a contract with the port of Elblag for the storage and loading of stones, enabling the port to work in full swing.
- Sludge Treatment (Middle East): A market analysis presents BESIX, SUEZ and AES Arabia as the leading sludge treatment companies in the Middle East.
- Burj Khalifa (UAE): the Burj Khalifa, built by BESIX, comprises the world’s tallest service elevator, transporting loads up to 504 metres.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- The Grand Egyptian Museum (Cairo): new pics
- Tower Mohammed VI (Morocco): article
- Luštica Bay Marine Village (Montegro): video update
- Deloitte University EMEA (Paris): progress pics
- A16 Ring Road (Rotterdam): podcast
- Grotius towers (The Hague): progress pics
- Manhattan (Brussels): scores AirScore D&O Platinum rating by AirRated representing best-in-class design and specification for outstanding indoor air quality
- Quatuor (Brussels): tower crane dismantled and latest pics
- Liège Paradis Express (Liège): progress pics
- Draakplaats railroad viaduct (Antwerp): update
- Kennedyspoortunnel (Antwerp): successful temporary line interruption
- Oosterweel (Antwerp): article shared by Lantis
- Tunnel Leopold II (Brussels): research
- Cycle through the Heath (Limburg, Belgium): progress pics and here
- Three Locks Brussels-Charleroi Canal (Belgium): featured in Ruwbouw & Algemene Aanneming
- Bridge Massenhoven (Belgium): progress update
- BESIX RED: delivers public part of Kaai district
- BESIX Infra Nederland: omgevingsapp
- BESIX Infra Nederland: project N273 Kom Baarlo & in Swalmen
- BESIX Infra: works in Grimbergen
- Vanhout: circular economy
- BESIX Watpac: to build James Cook University Technology Innovation Complex
- BESIX 3D: shortlisted in the Construction Technology Awards 2021 for the project "World's Largest 3D Printed Façade"
4. Our People on Social Media
- General safety awareness day at the GEM
- Interesting comments on post about Energy from Waste Facility in Dubai
- BESIX Infra Nederland welcomes interns
- Certificate of appreciation for our colleague who worked on the Masdar City project
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- Linkedin: 8,7K impressions - 2.9% engagement rate - 177 clicks
- Facebook: 1K people reached - 46 engagements
- Twitter: 517 impressions - 25 engagements
- Linkedin: 13K impressions - 3.9% engagement rate - 313 clicks
- Facebook: 1,7K people reached - 97 engagements
- Linkedin: 118,5K impressions - 17% engagement rate - 18K clicks
- Facebook: 21K people reached - 1,3K engagements
=> Highest scoring post on LinkedIn (since February 2020 - available data):
- It helped us gain 1,500 new followers and 1,200 unique visitors on our page in less than a week. On average, we gain 1000 followers and unique visitors per week.
- In February 2020, we had 146,000 total followers. Today, we have 187,723 followers. That’s an +22% increase.
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!