Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- The POST Rotterdam (The Netherlands): BESIX Nederland, in joint venture with Rizzani de Eccher, is building the POST tower in Rotterdam.
- WTCB (Belgium): The renovation of the WTCB building by Vanhout in Zaventem will be a model of sustainability with reduced energy consumption and CO2 emissions, a circular approach and high-tech green façade.
- Bloesemhof (Belgium): developed by Vanhout Projects in Nieuwerkerken, construction of the building will start on 1 June.
- LN24 (Belgium): LN24, in which BESIX is a shareholder, is carrying out a capital increase with Finance&Invest.brussels and the SRIW.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Pavillon France (UAE): BESIX Group has delivered the French pavilion for Expo 2020, an example of bioclimatic architecture. The French Pavilion shows that “if the construction sector is today a major cause of our collective carbon footprint, it also lies at the heart of the solution” - CEO Rik Vandenberghe.
- SWRO (UAE): Jebel Ali Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) desalination plant, built by Acciona and BESIX, is now producing at 100% of capacity.
- Dubai Waste-to-Energy (UAE): BESIX will design and execute the infrastructure works, civil engineering and construction of one of the largest EfW projects in the world.
- Uptown Tower (UAE): DUT is one of two supertall skyscrapers in the world to use robotics to speed up construction and ensure the safety of employees when working at height.
- The Post (The Netherlands): BESIX and Rizzani de Eccher to build the POST tower in downtown Rotterdam.
- Rail Baltica (Latvia): Work is in full swing in Riga. Foundations of the railway station will replace a Soviet-era bunker.
- DPFC (Australia): As part of the upgrade of the Dame Phyllis Frost Centre, BESIX Watpac will provide direct employment and training opportunities for disadvantaged Victorians. J-P. Bouharmont: “our responsibility (...) to generate social value above and beyond the dollar value of the project”.
- CMUA (New Zealand): geotechnical and environmental investigation work have started for the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena.
- North Queensland Stadium (Australia): the stadium built by BESIX Watpac in Townsville featured technical feats, such as the roof inspired by a local plant, and includes sustainable systems, for example for water management.
- Uptown Tower & Royal Atlantis (UAE): our colleague from Six Construct, Yannic Leveque (DUT), will be the special guest at Design Week Marbella.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Natura Project (Australia): update and pics
- Nachtigal (Cameroon): video
- Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences (Dubai): pics
- Waste-to-Energy plant (Dubai): pic and update and video
- Jebel Ali SWRO (Dubai): update
- Grand Egyptian Museum : update and pic
- Vistula Spit (Poland): update and pic
- Valfabbrica National Road (Italy): pic
- Nice Air Promenade (France): info and pics and here
- Deloitte University EMEA: update and video
- Sluishuis (the Netherlands): update and pics and here and here and here and here
- De Groene Boog: video and update and about energy neutral tunnels and about noise
- Quatuor (Brussels): update and pic and here
- Brucargo (Brussels): update and pic
- Manhattan (Brussels): article
- Paradis Express Liège (Belgium): pics and here
- BESIX HQ Dordrecht: video of placing of façade elements
- BESIX Watpac: geological investigation on & pics of Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (New-Zealand)
- BESIX Watpac: new project: upgrade of the Dame Phyllis Frost Centre
- BESIX Watpac: shared video of delivered Deakin Law School
- BESIX France: update and pic Deloitte University EMEA
- BESIX NL: new project POST Rotterdam
- BESIX NL: Sluishuis update and pics
- BESIX Infra: shared update and pics Royerssluis
- BESIX Infra Nederland: Update and pics reconstruction of N273 kom Baarlo
- BESIX RED: ICONE (Belval) featured post-Covid office reference
- Vanhout: new ComTIS Ventilation
- Energieconcepten: app to consult the installations
- Socogetra: start of works on its HQ
- Martello Piling Ltd: update and pic about low head room rigs
- Atlas Fondations: update and pics Pont de Nogent
- BESIX Foundation: pics opération thermos operatie
- BESIX Foundation: logo
4. Our People on Social Media
- Quote Rik Vandenberghe about French Pavilion in Dubai
- Geert Aelbrecht: jury of the Employee Engagement Awards Belgium
- Making a custom size staircase by BESIX 3D
- BeCircular: video of laureats
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- LinkedIn: 663 impressions - 1.66 % engagement rate - 3 clicks
- LinkedIn: 19,3 K impressions - 12.16 % engagement rate - 2,084 clicks
- Facebook: 5,5 K people reached - 299 engagements
- LinkedIn: 16,3 K impressions - 17.47 % engagement rate - 2,642 clicks
- Facebook: 2,8 K people reached - 129 engagements
- LinkedIn: 28,9 K impressions - 5.18 % engagement rate - 1,120 clicks
- Facebook: 2,1 K people reached - 138 engagements
- LinkedIn: 6,6 K impressions - 2.25 % engagement rate - 59 clicks
- Facebook: 3,2 K people reached - 231 engagements
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!