Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- Quatuor (Belgium): Bouwen aan Vlanderen publishes a detailed article on the construction of the Quatuor project, a 4-tower complex built by BESIX for Befimmo.
- Erasme (Belgium): Jacques Delens has successfully delivered two passive buildings with a total of 64 apartments in Anderlecht.
- Socogetra (Belgium): Socogetra has become one of the most dynamic construction companies in the Walloon region.
- HiViBE (the Netherlands): BESIX is a member of the HiViBE consortium, which conducts research on the vibration behaviour of tall buildings.
- A16 (the Netherlands): 4 million m³ of sand has already been delivered for the construction of the A16 Rotterdam, or approximately 200,000 truckloads.
- Feyenoord (The Netherlands): An agreement with BESIX and BAM is one of the aspects to be fixed before the construction of the new stadium can begin.
- Digitalisation: BESIX is one of the major construction companies using the digital tools developed by Traxxeo.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Grand Egyptian Museum (Egypt): Egypt’s Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled El-Anani visited the GEM this week. 100% of the installation work on the artefacts in the atrium and the grand staircase has been completed.
- Rail Baltica (Latvia): The construction of the Riga Central Station started six months ago and a lot of work has already been done. The Minister of Transport also participated in an online discussion in which he presented the the project and its influence on making Riga a rail hub.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): this summer, tourists will be able to cross the new bridge over the shipping channel, currently under construction by BESIX and NDI. The local press also presents the artificial island, which will be a paradise for birds.
- Sugar Terminals (Australia): BESIX Watpac has started work on replacing the 35,000 m² roof of the Sugar Terminals facilities.
- Mohammed VI Tower (Morocco): Construction work on the Mohammed VI Tower is proceeding at a steady pace, said Leila Haddaoui, deputy managing director of the O Tower company.
- Sludge Treatment (Middle East): According to this market study, BESIX is a leader in the Middle East sludge treatment sector.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Grand Egyptian Museum (Egypt): first experiment to test the efficiency of the vehicle used to transport the first Khufu boat
- Grand Egyptian Museum (Egypt): minister visits museum
- Dubai’s Waste-to-energy (UAE): amazing progress made
- Cliniques de Neuilly-sur-Seine (France): progress pics shared by client
- RailBaltica (Latvia): update on construction works
- Grotius Towers (The Netherlands): great pic
- BESIX Watpac: progress on the complex Saint Teresa of Kolkata Building for Australian Catholic University in Melbourne
- BESIX Watpac: nearing the completion of the Adelaide Airport Limited Terminal Expansion project
- BESIX Watpac: local news coverage on the Bulk Sugar Terminal reroofing project in Townsville for Sugar Terminals Limited
- Jacques Delens: delivered 64 apartments as part of the Erasmus project in Anderlecht (Brussels)
- Cobelba: completed extension of the Carlier Bois professional department located on the Ecolys business park in Suarlée
4. Our People on Social Media
- Testimonial of Elias El Kharraz, KU Leuven graduate and BESIX engineer
- Virtual reality recording at Quatuor by Capital
- Trainee at Uptown Tower Dubai
- CAPITAL vzw/asbl on LinkedIn: #innovation #technology #jobs
- Webinar on vaccination together with Mensura for BESIX colleagues
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- The Nachtigal Hydropower Project in Cameroon, as featured in our Activity Report
- Progress video of Vistula Spit
- Pics of Vincent Callebaut reshared of the ‘The Green Arch’, the Belgian pavilion for Expo 2020 Dubai!
- #PicOFTheWeek: Ieper De Meersen aerial view
- Archimedes' screws at three locks project along the Charleroi-Brussels Canal in Belgium
- We’ve launched our Red Devils campaign: personality quiz.
- Check out our latest stories & posts on our official Instagram channel: @besixgroup_official
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!