Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- DPG Media (The Netherlands): DPG Media's new HQ in Amsterdam, with its timber-hybrid structure, is featured in the real estate and general press.
- Paradis Express (Belgium): BESIX and Wust to build four more buildings in Liège's Paradis Express eco-district.
- Material prices: Jan Van Steirteghem was a guest on LN 24 television to talk about building material prices and the sustainable future of the sector.
- Belgian Pavilion: television Kanaal Z reports on the opening of the Belgian Pavilion with an interview of Bart Gentens.
- Smart Buildings: BESIX and Proximus create a platform to make buildings smarter and more energy efficient. Smart Building in Use also present BESIX offices in Dordrecht.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Guggenheim & Zayed National Museum (UAE): BESIX will build the Guggenheim Museum and the Zayed National Museum in Abu Dhabi, writes the Financial Times (US, UK, Europe and Asia editions), as well as several press agencies, construction, business, architecture and travel media.
- Belgian Pavilion (UAE): the Belgian pavilion amongst the “10 must-see buildings” at Expo Dubai, writes Arch20. Lighting was designed by Delta Light.
- CSR (UAE): BESIX is awarded the Dubai Chamber CSR Label H1 2021.
- F Tower (Ivory Coast): work on F Tower has started and is progressing well.
- Barangaroo (Australia): The Australian press publishes pictures of the underground work for the Barangaroo station.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- The Middle East: the common link between the Belgian Pavilion, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Burj Khalifa, among many other outstanding projects? They have Belgian colours, writes BelExpo, as they were built by BESIX.
- The Middle East: BESIX 3D printed the concrete planters of the Belgian Pavilion. The building was inaugurated and opened its doors, write Elia, DEME, AWEX UAE and architect Callebaut, among others.
- The Middle East: the French pavilion has now opened its doors, write architect Celnikier & Grabli and OTE Ingénierie.
- The Middle East: former Undersecretary Ministry of Works & Housing in Bahrain recalls that the North Manama Causeway was built by Six Construct.
- International: Traxxeo will work with BESIX Ivory Coast to digitise the construction process of the F Tower.
- International: work on the 1 km long Nachtigal main dam has started.
- Europe: BESIX completed the stationspostgebouw in The Hague without delay, writes Perial AM.
- Europe: On the A16, on the Terbregseplein, bridge A of the structure will be moved to its final location. Rijkswaterstaat talks about safety on site and the first section of the tunnel.
- Europe: a Sluishuis beer on the roof to celebrate reaching the top of the building.
- Europe: The last major renovation work was completed on the old Suurhoff bridge.
- Europe: BESIX is one of the 5 companies, and the only construction company, invited by VTK Gent to present career opportunities for engineers to students.
- Europe: BESIX will participate to The Big Score, an event focusing on innovation, to present to tech start-ups operational challenges.
- Regionals: rockfill operations on the Ourthe riverbank in Liège (Socogetra).
- Australia: the Geelong timber structure required 1,500 tons of mass timber.
4. Our people on Social Media
- International: Rob Demeersman has worked for BESIX for 10 years, with projects in Morocco, Australia, the Netherlands, Denmark and Latvia.
- Europe: Ken Watzeels, General Manager of AIA, is delighted with the first AIA-Van den Berg project since the acquisition - the renovation of a lock.
- Europe: Geert Aelbrecht presented the BESIX policies on diversity, inclusion and equity to students.
- Europe: Théo Tenret, BIM Junior Engineer, took part in a podcast about construction and his career path.
- Europe: TM ROCO's new Junior Communicatie Coördinator thanks BESIX and Olivier de Ridder for their trust.
- UAE: at the Dubai Waste-to-Energy, our teams have already placed 10,500 tonnes of rebar and poured 72,500 m³ of concrete, writes Victor Antunes.
- UAE: at the Dubai Expo, Aug.e demonstrates that technology and real estate go hand in hand in the fight against climate change, writes Bart Gentens.
- UAE: Matthew Anthony was delighted to represent BESIX at the opening of the Belgian Pavilion.
- UAE: minimising waste improves productivity, writes Yannic Leveque.
- Australia: new colleague Katie O’Malley enjoyed a fantastic first day at BESIX Watpac.
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- Check out our latest stories & posts on our official Instagram channel: @besixgroup_official
- Don’t miss all group’s entities account on digital channels, such as: