Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- BuildUp (Belgium): Vanhout acquires a stake in BuildUp, a company specialising in sustainable modular construction, report TV channels Canal Z and Kanaal Z, as well as specialised media.
- Safety: The Flemish Construction Federation publishes three videos on the use of digital tools to improve safety on site: one video was shot on a BESIX site and the second on a Franki Foundations project.
- Sluishuis (The Netherlands / BESIX RED): Stad en Groen dedicates an article to the Sluishuis, in particular to its green aspects.
- Terraced Tower (The Netherlands) : BESIX built the impressive Terraced Tower in Rotterdam.
- De Groene Boog (The Netherlands): the launching ramp of the Terbregseplein bridge was inaugurated.
- Guggenheim (UAE): BESIX constructs the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, reports De Vlaamse Ondernemer.
- BE Pavilion (UAE) : BESIX built the Belgian Pavilion, a showcase for the Belgian regions, and the Burj Khalifa, writes Bruxelles News.
- Simac ICT (Vanhout / Belgium): ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of the Simac ICT HQ in Leuven.
- Volta 3 (EJD / Belgium): the Volta 3 buildings built in Brussels by EJD have been inaugurated.
- aug.e: BESIX and Proximus take a stake in i.Leco and create aug.e, a platform for smart buildings.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- NIOA (Australia): the Australian Minister of Defense officially inaugurates the NIOA timber building built by BESIX Watpac.
- Master Builders (Australia) : BESIX Watpac won three major awards at the Master Builder Awards with the STARS (Best Health Facilities), Ideas Lab (Best Education Facilities) and Domestic Terminal Retail (Excellence in Workplace Health & Safety) projects.
- KPGB (Australia): Work on the Kangaroo Bridge, which BESIX Watpac designs and builds, is expected to start in the coming months.
- Waste-to-Energy (UAE): the UAE is investing in waste-to-energy projects, of which the one being implemented by BESIX in Dubai is a major example. Société Générale also writes about the project.
- Tour Triangle (France): the construction of the Tour Triangle in Paris is about to start.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): a passage for animals has been built across the shipping channel.
- Cai Mep Ha (Vietnam) : BESIX is mentioned among the potential candidates for the construction of the Cai Mep Ha infrastructures.
- Other: BESIX director P. Padmanathan joins Heliogen's board, multiple US media report.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Uptown Tower Dubai (UAE): reaching 310 m high, almost at the top!
- Waste-to-Energy (Dubai): beautiful mornings on site including an incredible sunrise
- ICÔNE (Luxembourg): project almost reaching its end
- BESIX Group is investing in BuildUp through its subsidiairy Vanhout
- Port Macquarie (Australia): delivery of the project, including retirement living boutique apartments
- Expo 2020 (UAE): Walloon delegation visiting the Belgian Pavilion and W2E
- Nachtigal hydroelectric project (Cameroon): update
- Warandeberg (Brussels): nominated for the Precast in Buildings category of the FEBE Elements Awards 2021
- Post Rotterdam (The Netherlands): demolition works have started
- Grand Egyptian Museum (Egypt): nice picture of the site
- Sluishuis (The Netherlands): weekly update + video update
- Manhattan (Brussels): take a look inside the building
- James Cook University (Australia): first major concrete pour of the project
- Socogetra: video of the project of rehabilitation of the N4 road in Tenneville (Belgium)
- Wust: works are going well on the AXS residential project in Namur (Belgium)
4. Our people on Social Media
- Our colleague Sjoerd guiding Dutch minister Barbara Visser around the site of A16 on sustainability on site
- Our Chief People Officer, Geert Aelbrecht, recapping his visit to our projects in the Middle East
- Our colleague François Lederer (head of BIM) was part of a panel discussion on sustainability organised by Board of European Students of Technology
- Our new colleagues of Agidens Infra Automation visiting the BESIX house in Dordrecht, welcome!
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- Check out our latest stories & posts on our official Instagram channel: @besixgroup_official
- Don’t miss all group’s entities account on digital channels, such as: