Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
- Quatuor (Belgium): construction, architectural and local media report on the delivery of Quatuor.
- i.Leco (Belgium): the European Commission approves the respective shareholdings of BESIX and Proximus in i.Leco.
- R4 Ghent (Belgium): The I4B infrastructure fund presents the R4 project in Ghent, one of the largest PPPs in the country.
- Group: Geert Aelbrecht talks about expatriation in Fokus.
- Flamant: the 2021 version of Samsung's The Frame television, installed in a frame designed by Flamant, is available: “TV when it’s on, ART when it’s off”.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Global: ENR has published its Top 250 International Contractors 2021. BESIX is ranked 48th.
- SWRO (UAE): Reported by a large number of media outlets in the Middle East, the SWRO water desalination plant in Jebel Ali is 92.4% complete and will be completed before the end of the year.
- Waste-to-Energy (UAE): cranes on the Waste-to-Energy project will be supplied by Finnish company Konecranes Oyj.
- Rail Baltica (Latvia): construction work on a first railway viaduct has begun.
- Cai Mep Ha (Vietnam): five consortia, including BESIX-Boskalis-Hateco, submitted their dossier for the Cai Mep Ha logistics centre.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Europe: Electrabel's director for the Doel nuclear power plant presents the first sod for the construction of the Spent Fuel Building No. 2.
- Europe: with the construction of the tenth floor, the Sluishuis building officially topped out, writes Barcode Architect.
- Europe: The Stationspostgebouw in The Hague was officially opened by the city's mayor.
- Europe: the construction of the Dockside Gardens building is almost complete.
- Europe: The Vlaamse Confederatie Bouw uses a BESIX video to promote the profession of geologist in construction.
- Europe: 42 students specialising in circular economy at the Fontys Hogescholen had the opportunity to visit BESIX installations.
- Australia: BESIX Watpac receives the Excellence in Workplace Health & Safety award at the Master Builders Queensland.
- Australia: delivery of timber to the Geelong Civic HQ site has begun.
- Australia: Brisbane Lord Mayor Adrian Shrinner shares a BESIX Watpac publication featuring the Australian TV report on the Kangaroo Point Green Bridge, with an intervention by Jean-Pol Bouharmont.
- International: NGE publishes new drone picture of Nachtigal.
- The Middle East: An HZI project manager publishes pictures of the ongoing work in Warsan.
- The Middle East: BESIX 3D gives a glimpse into the future of digital fabrication.
4. Our people on Social Media
- Australia: A year ago, Watpac was rebranded as BESIX Watpac, a successful anniversary.
- The Middle East: our colleague Vishwajeet Singh publishes a photo of his team on the Royal Atlantis.
- The Middle East: Our colleagues Bart Gentens (Smart buildings & Digital twins) and Ahmed Elshamy (BIM in MEP engineering & design) were both speakers at the BIM Middle East 2021 conference.
- Europe: Kirsten Willems and Robert de Bodt were among the winners of our Red Devils contest, winning two tickets to the Belgium-Czech Republic match.
- Europe: the People department organised a live broadcast to explain the benefits @ BESIX.
- International: an intern on the Mohammed VI Tower site thanks BESIX for the opportunity it gave him.
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- Check out our latest stories & posts on our official Instagram channel: @besixgroup_official
- Don’t miss all group’s entities account on digital channels, such as: