Please find enclosed the traditional media overview of the BENELUX daily press, as well as the international web press, as the social media review.
1. BESIX & Construction sector in the BENELUX press
See enclosed PDF.
2. International press (web) mentioning BESIX
- Rail Baltica (Latvia): Bridge Design & Engineering dedicates a 3-page article to the railway bridge that BESIX designs and will build in Riga (page 24 - no need to register).
- Dubai Uptower Tower (UAE): Six Construct uses Schindler's self-climbing robot to drill the anchor bolts for the lift shafts in this 340 m tower. It is also an example of the digitalisation of construction processes.
- ComTIS Energy (Belgium): ‘Comfort as a Service’ offers an affordable way to supply buildings with sustainable heating and cooling via a subscription formula.
- Garenmarkt (the Netherlands): Thanks to the underground car park built by BESIX, Leiden's city centre now has green spaces. A water recovery system was integrated into the roof of the car park to feed the grass and trees.
- Oosterweel (Belgium): tunnel elements will be built in Zeebrugge and then towed to Antwerp via the North Sea and the Western Scheldt.
- Indigenous businesses (Australia): BESIX Watpac has signed a MoU with a leading NSW Indigenous business group to boost participation by First Nations people in the construction industry.
- Vistula Spit (Poland): at a press conference, the Minister for Infrastructure emphasised the regional economic importance of the project and reported on its progress.
- Mohammed VI Tower (Morocco): the tower, built by BESIX, is progressing at a rapid pace and the façade work will start in June.
- Saint-Denis Pleyel (France): Famous singer Stromae is involved in the realisation of the Saint-Denis station, which BESIX is building in Paris.
3. Social Media posts mentioning BESIX projects
- Leopold II Tunnel: Tunnel Leopold II has a new name
- Energieconcepten: drone video of solar panels on De Wending
- BESIX Watpac: update Helipad on top of Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital’s Clinical Services Building
- Dubai Uptown Tower(UAE): Shared article by DMCC Executive Director on robots installation
- A-STAY: partnered with PropTech Lab (Belgium) to host an online event
- KLB Construction Partnership : more homes will have to be built with ecological solutions (renovation...)
- Theemswegtracé: update -> right project?
- BESIX Infra Nederland: Frank Cox has worked 25 years
- Quatuor : pics from photographer Philippe van Gelooven
(Domingos Sousa : reshare of Quatuor Update Pics from Philippe van Gelooven (photographer) -> he mentions BESIX, but original post doesn’t)
- Dubai Uptown Tower: XL Industries’ XL hoists helped recycle the formwork materials of the Dubai Uptown Tower
- Vistula Spit (Poland): Laurens Schokking about visit from Polish Minister of Infrastructure Andrzej Adamczyk
- A16 Ring Road (Rotterdam): update about A16 -> add this as it’s BESIX NL that’s mentioned?
- Laith Abdulatif : Last day on Masdar city , Ferrari world & warner brothers projects ->relevant??
- Suurhoff Bridge (the Netherlandas) : FiberCore Europe gives update
- Theemswegtracé (the Netherlands): cementonline gives Update
- Rodange station: Endri Muska gives Update -> relevant?
- La Mé Drinking water treatment plant: Shared article by Executive Director - Building, Water & Infrastructure Division at TROUVAY & CAUVIN Group
- Nachtigal : progress pic
- BESIX NL : update Theemswegtracé
- Sluishuis: pictures
- Sluishuis: update
- Vanhout: Virtual Job Fairs
- HBS nv : celebrates 30 years
- Franki Foundations UK: offers free webinar
- BESIX Foundation: opération thermos operatie
- BESIX NL: car park Garenmarkt receives gold award
- BESIX NL: update pics Sluishuis
- BESIX NL: movie about previsions for 2021 for the real estate
- Dubai Waste-to-Energy: site pics
- Sluishuis: progress pic
4. Our People on Social Media
We celebrated International Women’s Day:
- On Draakplaats
- BESIX Watpac
- LPA Project
- SaVe project (Theemswegtracé) & other post about Theemswegtracé
- Grand Manège in Namur
- Dubai Uptown Project
- Deloitte University EMEA
- Geert Aelbrecht
- Judith Van Oers
- Warmtenet in Hoboken (Van den Berg)
- LPA Project
- Chloé Vanhoutte
- BESIX HQ in Dordrecht
- Florence Bribosia
- Jubilee Place (BESIX Watpac)
- Amal Maizi
- Celine Verloigne
- BESIX NL HQ
- Nachtigal Hydropower Project
- Evelyn Byens
- BESIX France - Deloitte University EMEA
- Anju Mary Raju
5. This week’s statistics on social media:
- Linkedin: 17,4K impressions - 5% engagement rate - 542 clicks
- Facebook: 4,1K people reached - 361 engagements
- Linkedin: 13,1K impressions - 25.2% engagement rate - 3,1 clicks
- Linkedin: 41,3K impressions - 6% engagement rate - 1,5clicks
- Facebook: 7,8K people reached - 602 engagements
- Linkedin: 24,1K impressions - 15.92% engagement rate - 3,5clicks
- Facebook: 4,1K people reached - 175 engagements
- Linkedin: 6,8K impressions - 2.45% engagement rate - 70 clicks
- Facebook: 1K people reached - 40 engagements
- Linkedin: 27,3K impressions - 24% engagement rate - 6,3 clicks
- Linkedin: 2K impressions - 1.52% engagement rate - 23 clicks
- Linkedin: 22K impressions - 4.84% engagement rate - 708 clicks
- Facebook: 3,9K people reached - 242 engagements
- Linkedin: 9,4K impressions - 1.8% engagement rate - 91 clicks
- Facebook: 1,3K people reached - 64 engagements
- Linkedin: 14,4K impressions - 1.8% engagement rate - 114 clicks
- Facebook: 540 people reached - 40 engagements
- Linkedin: 13.3K impressions - 8% engagement rate - 935 clicks
- Facebook: 3K people reached - 166 engagements
- Linkedin: 15,7K impressions - 6.4% engagement rate - 800 clicks
- Linkedin: 15K impressions - 9.7% engagement rate - 1,3 clicks
6. NEW: magazines available on intranet
In order to remain informed about the latest developments in the building industry, Engineering can offer you a diverse range of magazines on daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, which are available on intranet.
Click here to see which publications are available and register to be notified when the last digital issues are available. For more info, consult this page on the group’s intranet or contact Ilse Devos.
Thank you Engineering, for opening your library to our readers!
7. Help us to improve!
Every Friday, you receive the BESIX Media Overview. We'd like to know what you think of the overview as it is now, and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve. Can we ask for 2 minutes of your time to fill in this survey? Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!